Creative Art Week Showtime!
The theme this year is ‘Showtime!’ Activities in store for the whole community:
- visiting circus specialists as Artists in Residence from Circus Avalon in Australia working with our Drama students. Activities include face painting workshops, designing circus related artworks for our very own AISM Interactive Arts Tent in the playground and trying out circus tricks and activities
- The year 9 and 10 drama class presents 'Murder Mystery parodies'; plays titled 'Murder Malodorous' and 'The Real Inspector Hound'. They will be performed on Thursday 26th of November in C216, 'Murder Malodorous' beginning at9:45am and 'The Real Inspector Hound' at 11:45.
- Year 7 are working on self-devised physical comedy plays
- The Middle School Production team presents the ‘Seusification of Romeo and Juliet’ which is Shakespeare with a zany twist on Wednesday 25th of November at 5.00pm
- Year 6 Visual Arts students are working on animal reliefs, Year 8 caricature portraits, Year 9 and 10 on Surrealism and Year 9/10 photography on Conceptual Arts and digital techniques. The opening of the Art exhibition will take place on Wednesday 25th November at 6.00pm.
- the annual ‘Music Showcase’ concert will be on Wednesday 25th of November at 7.00pm
- The week concludes with the tradition of ‘AISM ROCKS!’ where students choose, rehearse and perform Rock and Pop music in 2 venues. Think Woodstock without the mud. This will take place on Friday 27th of November from 1.30 - 3.10.