Explore Studying in the US - Mini Fair
On Monday 6 March, we welcomed seven US universities to AISM. They spoke to students about the unique opportunities on offer in the USA with over 4,700 universities and 20.3 million students. Finding the right fit is always a challenge with students tasked to think about:
- Their future and where they want to be in 5 years
- What they are looking for from departments, programs and faculties beyond overall rankings
- The institution size, type and location.
The seven visiting universities were a diverse cross-section of institutions on offer, from large public universities like the University of Oklahoma to smaller special interest institutions like Embry-Riddle. If you would like to know more, please visit their websites.
- BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY (Berea, OH) www.bw.edu
- EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY (Daytona Beach, FL) erau.edu
- OHIO UNIVERSITY (Athens, OH) www.ohio.edu
- ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY (Bristol, RI) rwu.edu
- ROWAN UNIVERSITY (Glassboro, NJ) www.rowan.edu/home
- UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA (Norman, OK) www.ou.edu
- MANHATTANVILLE COLLEGE (Purchase, NY) www.mville.edu
Visit from the Australian National University (ANU)
On Tuesday 7 March, we welcomed representatives from ANU. ANU is a popular destination for our students. Last year one of our top HSC students, Whey Qi Teo, secured a place to study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at ANU. ANU is ranked the top university in Australia and 22nd in the world. ANU also counts six Nobel Laureates among their staff and alumni. If you would like to find out more, please visit www.anu.edu.au.
Talk on courses in Art and Design from the Savannah College of Art and Design
Danny Li, the Assistant Director of Admissions from SCAD Hong Kong spoke to students on Friday 10 March.
SCAD is one of the best destinations for an art and design education - with locations in the US, Hong Kong and France. Students discovered that their alumni work in top positions at companies such as Apple, Facebook, DreamWorks, CNN, Johnson & Johnson, Disney, Pixar, and Samsung, among many others. For more information please visit www.scad.edu
After school talk on Futurewise
As mentioned in the last newsletter, students in Year 10 and upwards have the opportunity to join the careers service Futurewise. As this service has a cost involved, I feel that it is important for parents to have an opportunity to find out more about psychometric profiles and what membership includes. The information session for any interested parents will be on Thursday 16 March, 3.20pm - 4.10pm in AG07. Please email me at email@example.com if you would like to attend this session.