For 20 years, AISM has welcomed parents and students from more than 40 countries to our international school campus.
The one thing our parents, staff and students love about AISM is our small yet strong and welcoming school community.
Moving to Malaysia
Malaysia attracts expatriates from all over the world who work and live mainly in Kuala Lumpur (KL) and the Klang Valley area.
It can take about six months to settle into a new country and city. To help with the adjustment period, we encourage participation in school, expat and community groups. Our diverse AISM international community are always ready to welcome and assist you.
A good resource for families includes the Happy Go KL and The Expat Go websites. Moving to Malaysia under MM2H Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners who fulfil certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry social visit pass. The Social Visit Pass is initially for ten (10) years and is renewable. More information on how to apply can be obtained from the MM2H Centre located in Putrajaya.
Where to stay in KL
Our school families come from many areas in Kuala Lumpur. We can put you in touch with one of our parents who will give you first-hand knowledge of the residential areas. More than half of our families live in the popular expatriate suburbs of:
- Ampang – close to the city centre and embassies
- Bangsar – popular shopping, leisure and dining area for expats and wealthy locals with a range of high rise condominiums available, as well as single residences
- Damansara – close to Bangsar, more detached single residences available
- Mont Kiara – convenient for shopping and close to the city, very popular with expats, mainly high rise condominiums.
Popular residential areas close to the school include the following:
- Walking or cycling distance from the school:
- Bluconstellation, Bluwater Estate, BRDB’s Senja, Dreamcity condominium and Heritage Residences
- Within 10 km from the school:
- Gita Bayu
- Within 15 km from the school:
- Country Heights, Kajang
- IOI Resort City
All the areas mentioned above are serviced by our school buses.
If you would like to get in touch with housing agents or relocation agents recommended by our school community, please contact our Admissions Office.
Be a part of your local community by joining one of Kuala Lumpur’s many expatriate organisations. From volunteering at a local organisation to learning Bahasa Melayu, there’s something for everyone.
Some recommended groups our families are involved with include:
- Malaysia Australia New Zealand Association (MANZA)
- Ibu Family Resource Group
- Malaysia Australia Business Council (MABC)
- Malaysian Australian Alumni Council (MAAC)
- Malaysian New Zealand Chamber of Commerce
- Japan Club of Kuala Lumpur
Join us on our AISM Community page on Facebook, where you can connect, ask questions and buy things from expats who are relocating. It is a closed group and only for parents and teachers who have already enrolled their children at the school.