YEAR 9 & 10 SCHOLARSHIPS - CLOSED
We offer full scholarships to students who are currently not enrolled at AISM and at ages equivalent to Year 9 in 2021 or 2022. The scholarship holders may continue to Year 12 at which time they will complete the Higher School Certificate.
The Scholarship covers 100% of the cost of the tuition fees for Years 9 and 10 at AISM.
DEVELOP HIGH ORDER THINKING SKILLS
DEVELOP CONTENT KNOWLEDGE
CULTIVATE LEADERSHIP SKILLS
all our children.
- Foreign Languages
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- Visual Arts
- Commerce (for Senior School students only)
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
- Camp Program
- Advanced Mathematics and Mandarin from Year 6 onwards
AISM offers streaming in terms of Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Mathematics and Mandarin starting from Middle School.
- Free Maths Support offered by our Maths teachers (during recess & after school)
- SPM Bahasa & History (for Year 9 and 10 Malaysians)
The Ministry of Education of Malaysia has allowed Malaysian students enrolled at AISM to sit the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examinations for Bahasa Melayu (Malay Language) and Sejarah (History), starting in 2020. This is for students who are considering a career in Malaysian civil service (eg. doctors, lawyers). In order to prepare Malaysian students for the Bahasa Melayu and Sejarah SPM examinations, a combined Bahasa Melayu and Sejarah elective course will be available, for Year 9 and 10 Malaysian students. Students will have the option of selecting Bahasa Melayu and Sejarah as one of their three electives. This elective course will also cover Malaysian Studies requirements.
- Ongoing Assessment
Student gaps become targets for future learning and the learning cycle begins again. We assess students' achievement through assignments, research tasks, oral presentations, group work and examinations.
- School Reports
Every semester, our teachers compile a report that lets you know how your child is progressing through the outcomes for each subject, describing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Parent-teacher-student conferences
Good communication with your child’s class teacher is essential. Our school conducts parent-teacher conferences twice each year to discuss students' progress.
- International Schools' Assessment (ISA)
Each October, all Year 6 to Year 10 students complete the ISA in mathematics, reading and writing. The assessment test is used diagnostically, to identify and address any areas of comparative weakness.
- Supports and advises students in Senior School as they prepare for their future
- Enables our students to have a stronger sense of their individual talents
- Ensures our students leave AISM ready for their next step