Year 12 Trinity College Personal Leadership Program, the University of Melbourne
6 days | 5 nights
The objectives of this practical leadership programme are to:
- Offer students with an urban Australian experience, whilst also experiencing one of Australia’s top three universities first hand
- Encourage students to be active participants in their learning journey and step outside their comfort zones
- Give opportunities for students through reflection and participation to develop a sense of mastery and increased confidence, including through confidence building workshops
- Develop our students’ skills in leadership, working in teams, public speaking, critical and creative thinking, communication, problem solving and goal setting
- Provide mentoring by current leading Melbourne University students
- Experience life in a university residential college in preparation for their first year of university life.
- Workshops: leadership, teamwork, relationship building, problem solving, public speaking, emotional intelligence, goal setting, exam technique and study skills
- City sightseeing tour
- Theatre evening
- Formal welcome dinner and graduation dinner.
During the programme the group is personally supported by two to three mentors who provide them with guidance and support. Mentors are friendly, high achieving university students who are specifically trained and stay on campus with the students for the whole programme.