Year 11 outback experience trip - Boshack Outback, Western Australia
5 days | 4 nights
The purpose of the trip is to provide students with an opportunity to:
- Experience outback Australia
- Develop a balance of mind and body in a peaceful environment without the distraction of mobile phones, computers and televisions
- Focus on getting out of their comfort zone, break down barriers to success and bond with peers
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Complete some curriculum outcomes in a real world setting outside of the classroom.
- Team building
- Leadership skills
- Survival skills
- Raft building
- Camp cooking
- Net fishing
- Obstacle course
- Conservation and land management
- Art sketching
- Bush first aid
- Sheep mustering on foot
- Farm animal feeding
- Aboriginal culture and early settler history.
Year 12 Trinity College Personal Leadership Program, the University of Melbourne
6 days | 5 nights
The objectives of this practical leadership program are to:
- Offer students with an urban Australian experience, whilst also experiencing one of Australia’s top three universities first hand
- Encourage students to be active participants in their learning journey and step outside their comfort zones
- Give opportunities for students through reflection and participation to develop a sense of mastery and increased confidence, including through confidence building workshops
- Develop our students’ skills in leadership, working in teams, public speaking, critical and creative thinking, communication, problem solving and goal setting
- Provide mentoring by current leading Melbourne University students
- Experience life in a university residential college in preparation for their first year of university life.
- Workshops: leadership, teamwork, relationship building, problem solving, public speaking, emotional intelligence, goal setting, exam technique and study skills
- City sightseeing tour
- Theatre evening
- Formal welcome dinner and graduation dinner.
During the program the group is personally supported by two to three mentors who provide them with guidance and support. Mentors are friendly, high achieving university students who are specifically trained and stay on campus with the students for the whole program.