We provide the necessary support and resources for our students, moulding the pathways for them to fulfil their potential. Student success is not measured by only an end of the year examination, but a holistic and balanced assessment approach throughout the year.
Our Year 12 students are recognised in Australia and worldwide for their outstanding academic performance in their Higher School Certificate (equivalent to A-Levels or IB Diploma).
In 2018, AISM achieved the Best Higher School Certificate results outside of Australia.
(ATAR above 90)
A-Levels A*-A equivalent)
AISM has improved its ranking amongst New South Wales (NSW) schools from 275 in 2017 to 102nd in 2018. Our success rate in the Higher School Certificate examinations has also improved from 6.28% in 2017 to 14.55% in 2018, well above the median for NSW schools at 5.47%.
From a cohort of 37 students, thirteen students were awarded with Distinguished Achievements (Band 6 results) which is equivalent to A* in A-levels. This represents almost 30% of students, an improvement from last year’s 20%.
All students in Years 3 to 10 complete the annual International Schools’ Assessment tests. These assessments are set and marked externally by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER). Click here to see the full list of schools.
We are very excited to report that our students have improved in almost all areas, across all year levels, in addition to scoring results that place them well ahead of their international peers.
- In 2018, AISM students were benchmarked against 87,000 students in over 370 schools around the world.
- AISM is currently using the ISA data to monitor individual student and cohort data so that we can adjust our teaching to address any identified areas of need.
- In every age group for every component (Mathematics, Reading, Creative Writing and Expository Writing), our students were above or substantially above ALL schools in ALL year levels.
- Of particular note were the Mathematics results, where AISM was substantially above SIMILAR schools in ALL of the 8 year levels that participated.
- Expository Writing results were also excellent, with our students substantially above SIMILAR schools in SIX of the 8 year levels that participated.
- Comparing our 2017 and 2018 data, our students have improved or maintained their previous high standard in all areas, achieving much improvement in creative writing. A focus on improving creative writing will continue in 2019.
AISM students are accepted into top universities all around the world with their internationally recognised Higher School Certificate results.
Our students gain entrance to the world's top 100 universities, many of which are in Australia, including the Australian National University (ANU), the University of Melbourne, Sydney University, Monash University, University of New South Wales, and University of Queensland.
Internationally, our students have been accepted into universities in diverse countries, from the UK to the USA, Holland, New Zealand, Korea and Canada.
- Australian National University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- University of New South Wales
- Monash University
- University of Western Australia
- University of Adelaide
- Macquarie University
- Newcastle University
- University of Wollongong
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- Griffith University
- Curtin University
- University of South Australia
- Deakin University
- University of Tasmania
- Bond University
- Victora University
- College of Tafe
- Australian Film, Television and Radio School, Sydney
- University of Technology Sydney
- Southern Cross University, NSW
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Bristol
- University of Manchester
- University of Warwick
- University of St Andrews
- Lancaster University
- University of Bath
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- City, University of London
- Bellerbys College
- Taylor’s University
- Monash University
- Nottingham University
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Curtin University Sarawak
- Multimedia University
- INTI University
- HELP University
- KDU University College
- Sunway University
- International University of Kuala Lumpur
- International Islamic University
- Le Cordon Bleu Malaysia
- SAE Institute
- Asia Pacific University Malaysia
- The One Academy
- Tokyo University
- University of Canterbury
- Media Design School, Auckland
- Auckland University of Technology
- National University of Singapore
- James Cook University
- Korea University
- Friesland College
- Maastricht University
- George Mason University
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University