Literacy and Nursery
Michelle Chaplin, Head of Junior School
- Listening to the ‘Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?’ story, The children are learning to recognise colours.
- Developing skills to identify the sequence of the story, and putting it into the correct order.
- Introducing the lesson by reading the ‘Little Red Hen’ story.
- The children are developing skills to retell the story by role playing, recalling the characters and the parts of the story; and sharing their opinions with their peers.
- Inquiry of the week - Dinosaurs
- Exploring about Tyrannosaurus Rex , Triceratops and Stegosaurus, group discussions, Book Reading, Digging for dinosaur bones, observing the fossils, creating a dinosaur land.
Learning Intention: I can create number two by using different materials.
- The children use different resources they can find in the class to create number two.